Disabled toilet alarms are essential to allow disabled persons to alert staff members and managers that assistance is required in the toilet cubicle or dedicated disabled bathroom.
This disabled toilet alarm system, where style has met function in design, can be effectively used in a many applications in disabled restrooms in restaurants through to hospitals.
This kit is delivered complete with a ceiling pull cord with twin rings, a reset unit with Braille text, a combined sounder/flasher indicator. A disabled sticker is also supplied.
The pull cord, coloured red for high-visibility, has two rings that should be positioned in specific locations – one should be only 100mm from the floor and the other should be at a height of 800-1000mm, reachable from the WC. The reset button, which has a sounder to indicate to the disabled person that assistance is on the way, should also be located within reach of the WC, at 1200mm from the floor.
The emergency assistance indicator should be installed in a highly visible location outside the rest-room where it will be easily seen and the sounder will be easily heard.
Installing this stainless steel disabled toilet alarm system helps property and business owners to meet compliance with the DDA, BS8300 and various other care standards.
Features and Benefits
- Only three points to install on a standard system
- This system can readily be linked to other systems
- The system is simple to expand as requirements increase
- Multi-way remote indicator units are available
- Supplied with twin pull cord rings
- The unit is supplied with a disabled person sticker
- The system assists in ensuring compliance with the DDA, BS8300 and other care standards
- Finished in white to fit discreetly into any decor or environment
- Set out below is a diagram showing the positioning of the unit within the disabled facilities
OMG-Solutions – Handicap Toilet Alarm Kit – diagram showing the positioning of the unit within the disabled facilities